|"The Lost Pilot"|
|Title||"The Lost Pilot"|
|Season||None (Season 1)|
|Air Date||April 30th, 1990|
|Writer(s)||Bob Carroll Jr. |
|Next Episode||"The Girls Want to Go to a Nightclub"|
"The Lost Pilot" was the first episode of I Love Lucy to be shot, though it remained unaired until April 30th, 1990 - 39 years after it was filmed. It was directed by Ralph Levi and filmed in front of a live audience at Stage 2, Hollywood Centers in Hollywood, California on March 2nd, 1951. During the summer of the same year, it was sold to CBS-TV.
Main Cast Edit
Guest Cast Edit
- The unaired pilot was considered lost up until Pepito Pérez's widow notified CBS that she owned the sole copy, which had been given to Pepito by Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball to show their gratitude for his friendship.
- Lucille Ball was six months pregnant with Lucie Arnaz during the filming of the pilot.
- After the pilot, the characters' original last name of Lopez was changed to Ricardo in order to avoid confusion with band leader Vincent Lopez.
- When the film was found in 1990, the opening and first few seconds of the pilot were damaged beyond repair. This scene was reconstructed for DVD in 2002 with a re-recorded narration by Bob LeMond, 50 years after he originally recorded it.
- Bob LeMond was also the narrator on Lucille Ball's radio show "My Favorite Husband" on which this series was based